Custom Home Builders
Santo Tomás, Mexico
on the Sea of Cortez
Construction in Sonora Mexico is almost exclusively masonry. The reasons include tradition and the high cost and unavailability of construction grade lumber and trusses. It is also hard to find construction workers skilled in wood frame construction.
- Exterior walls- R14 with stucco finish. Poured concrete roofs, R33
- Interior walls- Metal studs, drywall with stucco finish. Concrete DuraRock in bathrooms
- Standard ceiling heights- 12', 10', 9'4" and 8', maximum std ceiling height 15'
- 110/220 volt electric underground electric, 200 amp service. Copper wiring except aluminum for high amp circuits.
14 gauge for lighting circuits, 12 gauge for receptacles. Dedicated circuits for refrigerator, dishwasher and disposal
- 14 SEER AC/Heat Pumps, choice of electric and propane appliances
- 500 gallon water storage tank with booster pump, CPVC plumbing. (Potable well water provided by Las Dunas water system)
- US made Dual pane windows, white vinyl, low e. Sky lights and glass block to add natural light to any room
Masonry construction is superior to wood frame construction for many reasons including strength and thermal mass. It is fireproof, termite proof, wind proof and very sound resistant. Grupo Constructor builds with two basic wall types, reinforced concrete block and Perform Wall stay-in-place reinforced insulated concrete. The ultra high strength of Perform Wall allows unique cantilevers such as the Lot 22 Las Dunas home.
- Ceramic tile or travertine floors with 4" baseboards
- Granite or ceramic tile counter tops. Ceramic tile or marble walk-in showers
- Alder cabinetry, Mexican made, stain and panel design selected by customer
- Raised panel interior doors- Preformed panel or custom handmade alder, square or arch format
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living areas, wired with separate switches for lights and fan
- Prepped for RO water supply to ice maker
- Roof top terraces with custom spiral stairs, low level lighting
- Central communication box for networks and video, prepped for satellite dish setup
- Wired for surround sound in designated rooms and to patios and terraces
- Walk-in showers with glass block walls- no shower doors
All appliances, door hardware, plumbing fixtures and ceiling fans may either be selected from our standard offerings or the customer may select them in the US and either deliver them to the worksite or have Grupo Constructor purchase and import them.
- Open faced brick domes built by artisans from Guadalajara, Mexico
- High-glaze talavera tile walls and counter tops, saltillo tile floors
- Custom tile mosaics for walls and floors
- Basements, wine cellars, zone AC, lock-off rental areas
- Fireplaces, wood or gas. Wood burning pizza ovens, gas and wood BBQ's
- Jacuzzis, hot tubs, roof terrace hot tubs, roof terrace bars, roof terrace masonry benches and tables
- Clay and tile tile roof coverings, brick and/or tile trim and accents
- Built-in entertainment centers, storage cabinets, open masonry closets
- High ocean breeze capture and natural ventilation designs
LAS DUNAS SANTO TOMÁS INFRASTRUCTURE:
- Underground 110/220 Volt electric service and potable well water to each lot. Gated, 24 hour security.
- Santo Tomás is just 15 minutes from the Costera coastal highway that runs from the US border to Guaymas along the Sea of Cortez.
Grupo Constructor Building Specifications